Direct flights to Plovdiv Airport (+20min by taxi):
– London-Stansted (Mon, Wed, Fri)
Milan-Bergamo (Wed, Sun)
Flights from/to Sofia Airport (+90min, €25-30 shuttle transfer)
– Search with skyscanner.net
– Search with Ryanair (22 destinations)
– Search with WizzAir (33 destinations)
– Search with BA.
– Search with Lufthansa.
Major train station on the Orient Express route (800m dist.)
Coaches to Istanbul, Thessaloniki, Athens, Belgrade, Bucharest.
2. Visa requirements
ILP 2019 participants may need a Bulgarian visa to enter the country. Please check whether you need a visa for Bulgaria at the official web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA): https://www.mfa.bg/en/situationcenter
Participants can apply for a visa at the Bulgarian embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants are advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Bulgarian visa at least 1 month in advance.
For more information, please contact the local Bulgarian Embassy in your country and/or consult Travel to Bulgaria (general information): https://www.mfa.bg/en/services-travel/consular-services/travel-bulgaria/visa-bulgaria
- An invitation letter can be issued after the successful registration and payment. Please note, that it takes few working days for preparing and sending the invitation letter.
- You need to provide: your name (exactly as it appears on your passport, any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa), your current affiliation (university, organization) as well as postal address.
- Please note that the ILP 2019 organisers are not authorized to assist with the visa process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by the ILP 2019 organising committee. If your visa application is denied, the ILP 2019 organising committee cannot change the decision of the MFA, nor will it engage in discussion or correspondence with the MFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the visa application: please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.